These are the best free medical iphone apps for doctors and nurses in no specific order:
- Epocrates - Offers up to date free drug info. Epocrates is very easy to use and has been around for a long time. If you pony up for a subscription you can access all of their up to date lab and disease data which is handy, but not free.
- Medscape - This is the go to app for disease/management/treatment information. It isn't as easy to use as Epocrates, but you don't have to pay for the info (which is kept up to date).
- AHRQ ePSS - From the US dept of Health & Human services allows you to see all of the preventative screening recommendations (based on age/gender ect) from the USPSTF.
- Qx Calculate - A free medical calculator, this isn't the best one out there but it is best for the price.
- ABG eval - Basic ABG intrepretation
- EFM guide - Electronic Fetal monitoring guide
- GBS guide - Helps with management of GBS in pregnancy
- PreOp eval - Assistance with an evaluation prior to surgery
- Pocket ECG - Guide to EKG interpretation
- Shots by STFM - Immunization schedules for Adults and Children based on CDC guidelines
- Pap guide - Helps with interpretation of PAP results based on ACOG guidelines
- Sepsis guide - Assistance with antibiotic choice in septic patients
- IdDx - Infectious disease diagnosis tool
- MD ezLabs - Lab results and interpretation